Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Information for Employers
Positive Solutions is a wholly Tasmanian Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider with the capacity to provide services to employers in all regions of Tasmania. Our EAP services are highly responsive and provide professional support for employees experiencing personal or work related issues. This support can have a number of positive outcomes for your employees including:
- improved mental health and well being
- reduced risk of psychological injury
- enhanced family relationships
- improved capacity to stay at, or return to work
Why are Employee Assistance Programs Important?
According to Australian EAP simulation results, EAPs generate large cost savings. The greatest contributor to ROI are the gains in presenteeism from EAPs. The Australian Productivity Commission has estimated the annual cost for workplace absenteeism and presenteeism in Australia is between $13 and $17 billion. Of this amount, employee presenteeism accounts for around 70 to 80 per cent. High rates of absenteeism and presenteeism result in lost productivity. However this is not the only negative outcome. There are also a range of other negative outcomes including:
- poor team relations
- reduced concentration and difficulty completing tasks
- higher levels of employee turnover
- increased accident and injury rates
- compensation claims
- medical costs
- increased customer complaints
EAP may assist an employee to help manage workplace stress and mental health issues, which could prevent psychological injury. So in other words, by accessing EAP, the worker takes control of their situation before it becomes a workers compensation case.
What types of support services are available in an Employee Assistance Program?
Positive Solutions can provide tailored employee assistance packages to meet the needs of your organisation and your employees. Packages can include services such as:
- critical incident management
- manager/supervisor support sessions
- workplace mediation
- conflict coaching
Further details about our services can be located here.
How can I set up an EAP?
Simply call our Head Office, 6223 5612 or email email@example.com. We will assess your individual organisational needs to develop an EAP which fits with your requirements.
What is the cost?
We want every workplace to be able to have cost effective and high quality EAP services. An affordable fee structure will be negotiated in consultation with you, based on your needs.
How do employees access the Employee Assistance Program?
After an EAP arrangement been established, there are several methods to access services:
- For counselling, all employees may call our Hobart office to book an appointment at any one of our offices.
- As a manager or supervisor you may wish to refer employees to our website or provide them with our information brochure.
- To use EAP in dealing with difficult issues, providing training or education sessions or for staff supervision, managers can contact our Hobart office.
Our services are delivered by qualified and experienced psychologists, social workers, counsellors, mediators and educators who have a diverse range of qualifications and specialisations. All staff work within strict ethical guidelines under best practice policies and procedures. Practitioners attend ongoing professional training and development and receive regular supervision.