We offer individual and relationship counselling as well as a range of specialised counselling services.
Counsellors don’t tell you what to do or judge you, nor do they encourage you toward a particular outcome. Counsellors listen, reflect and can support you with practical strategies.
Family and relationship counselling
Counselling can help families and couples:
- Understand the current relationship and how they feel about one another;
- Explore issues and challenges; and
- Consider what each person is willing to do to work through the issues.
Counselling for separating relationships and families
Counselling for separating relationships and families can assist:
- Separating couples work through and resolve past issues and hurt;
- Identify how a separating couple wants their separation to look;
- Separating families make decisions in the best interests of children when considering or planning a separation; and
- Families members address and work through issues whether they are parents and children, grandparents and grandchildren or siblings.
Positive Solutions is the Tasmanian branch of Step-Families Australia and can support:
- All members of step-families express their wishes, concerns and issues with a goal to a greater understanding and pathway for working together as a blended family; and
- Step-family members gain support and practical strategies for managing step-family issues.
A few things to know before you call;
- For couples and families, it is important you each have an individual confidential session with counsellor before the counsellor arranges to have a session with all.
- We try to make sure you and your counsellor are the right fit so we will ask a few questions to ensure we pair you with the right professional.
To make an appointment call 03 6223 5612.