Positive Solutions’ want to provide the best service possible for clients and ensure optimum availability for our clients. We also want to ensure that we are utilising our practitioner’s time in the most efficient and effective way possible. Our services are highly requested and therefore there are sometimes clients on a waiting / cancellation list who are seeking services. By providing proper notice of cancellation we can better provide those clients the opportunity to receive the help they need.
Cancellation fees are charged in accordance with the below notice periods. All notice periods are in business days, being Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. All unpaid cancellation fees that have been charged to an account must be paid prior to, or on the day of, the client’s next appointment. The General Manager reserves the right to refuse any future appointment bookings should payment of cancellation fees not be made.
- Private counselling, family law counselling, psychological and family dispute resolution services, less than 24 hours notice full fee charged. Please note that Medicare rebates are unavailable for cancellation fees.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) counselling, where a client is receiving counselling under an EAP, the cancellation fee is determined by the Agreement with the employer. In most instances where a client fails to provide 24 hours notice the number of sessions available to the client reduces and the employer will be charged.
- Other services. In accordance with the below table.
|Period of Notice for Cancellation||Mediation Intake||Mediation||Training||Other Workplace Services|
|Less than 24 hours notice||Full Fee||Full Fee||Full Fee||Full Fee|
|24 hours to 48 hours||
50% of full fee
50% of full fee
50% of full fee
|48 hours to 3 days||No Fee||50% of full fee||Full Fee||No Fee|
|3 days < 7 days||No Fee||Administration costs||50% of full fee||No Fee|
Cancellations must be made in person, over the phone or via email.
Confirmation of Appointments
Positive Solutions sends confirmation SMS text messages to individual clients 1-2 days prior to an appointment. Regardless of whether a confirmation exchange was received, should an appointment be cancelled within the periods outlined above, cancellation fees will still apply.
Positive Solutions understands that illnesses and family emergencies sometimes occur and it is at the discretion of the General Manager as to whether a cancellation fee is charged.
For clarity, please note the following examples of “family emergencies”:
- An illness, injury or death
- A car accident
- A witness or victim of a serious crime.
Please also note the following examples which are not considered “family emergencies”:
- A meeting called at work or any changes to work rosters or travel requirements
- A school, sports or extracurricular event
- A family activity or holiday
- Changes to the availability of a babysitter or child care service
We acknowledge that such events may be beyond control and can be genuine reasons for late cancellation however we still require that responsibility for these types of circumstances is taken and that a cancellation fee would apply.
The General Manager holds the right to waive any cancellation fees.